Thursday, November 01, 2007

Me and my Pumpkin

Recall there was a family trip to pick out this years pumpkin. Though two pumpkins came home with us that day, only one made it to Halloween. Our cute round white pumpkin fell prey to slug attack - you know what the pirates say: those who fall behind are left behind. So onward we marched towards Oct. 31st with one hardy pumpkin on our front doorstep and I must say I got pretty attached to our orange gourd. I greeted it on returning home and stopped to say 'hello' on our way out the door (which, conveniently, gave Mom and extra second to lock the door before I headed off to the street).



Well I didn't quite know what to make of the whole carving tradition. I mean, I liked our pumpkin the way it was. But the fact that you can actually light up the pumpkin once it's carved sealed the deal for me. I love lights (another favorite sign right now). So Dad and I lit it every night and I was mesmerized!









I don't know about the whole costume idea. At my age, I think it was more fun for M & D et al. than for me, but the glowing jack-o-lantern definitely made up for it. As a side note, we cooked some of our pumpkin left over from carving and roasted the seeds. I'm developing a taste for squash but the seeds were delicious. Boooo!





3 Comments:

At 11/03/2007 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet girl ... I hope the world always lights you with wonder!

All my love ...

 
At 11/04/2007 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for the Halloween post and was not disappointed...love the pumpkin and our little mouse...

 
At 11/05/2007 7:42 AM, Blogger thelittletons said...

Totally cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home