Monday, November 05, 2007

Farmer Abby

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as apple-carving or jack-o-apples, so I can't imagine I'll ever like apples as much as I LOVE our pumpkin; still I liked apple picking just fine. The car ride was pretty - along the Columbia River with lots of boats (which I confused with 'goats' - I kept making a goat sound: 'maaaa') and towards Mt. Hood. It was a beautiful day to be out in the country.





The orchard we visited had lots of great tricycles and a big John Deere tractor to drive. I wore my pink overalls to get into the farmin' mood.





And I got to ride in a wagon when I got tired of peddling and walking.



I practiced saying 'apple' a lot and of course I sampled the produce.





5 Comments:

At 11/06/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Just the Spechts said...

Abby, ask your momma to make the foot-tall apple pie that she made for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It's soooooo good!!!

 
At 11/07/2007 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, Great Granddaddy has a new John Deere tractor that you and Dad can ride when you come to Texas for Christmas! Thank you for the beautiful pictures of another truly blessed day!

 
At 11/11/2007 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if that's not enough for Farmer Abby, you can stop by the South Dakota farm and ride the old Allis-Chalmers...

 
At 11/11/2007 3:23 PM, Blogger thelittletons said...

I love your blog- it's so great to see Acony grow- how awesome to be so verbal!

 
At 11/13/2007 3:22 PM, Blogger Bridggymama said...

Ahhhhh Acony you are so big now! I love the family photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home