Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snowed In

Well, today I woke up to find this,



and it hasn't let up all day! Since we're basically stuck in, I might as well update you all on what's been going on since Thanksgiving. We are getting ready for Christmas!

First, we had to get a tree and decorate it. I helped D carry it into the house, water, and decorate it.






Apparently, this tree-stuff involves sticking out my tongue. Anyway, now that it is up, I love sitting by the tree and its ornaments.



One of my favorite things is to listen to Christmas music. I've been particularly taken with Hark!: Songs for Christmas, Vol. II. At first I just listened and occasionally asked "What is this song about?"; and now I like to sing a long.

Last weekend, my church hosted an Advent Workshop, where I got to make lots of ornaments: a garland, some candy cane reindeer, and two gingerbread houses. In the beginning, I was being very detailed and meticulous. By the end, I was using the proverbial broad brush. The big kids at church got a kick out of this and the result - a lake of m&m's and sprinkles around my house.




Later that night, we headed out to the Zoo Lights! This has become an annual event for us (two years in a row counts as annual!) and I love it. Best of all, there is a train made of lights that takes you all around. I also like the giraffe that throws a heart onto the top of a Christmas tree. Also, I got to hug and give high-fives to a bald eagle, tiger, and a reindeer.





So, until this lets up, I'll keep bundled up and snuggling with M.

1 Comments:

At 12/15/2008 7:21 AM, Blogger Just the Spechts said...

Oh my gosh - please let there be snow when we get there!! I miss the snow!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home