Another Great Thing About the NW
Although moving to Portland meant moving away from a lot of Mom's family, we are closer to some folks, namely Cousin Joe and Meagan. The first chance we got, we headed up to see them and their new house. What a relaxing weekend we had! Saturday morning we enjoyed a sunny picnic in the backyard. Here I am in front of the rather large rhododendron in their back yard.
We also took some walks around local parks. Look at those beautiful views of the city!
Here we are at a famous local donut shop. Though I cannot personally testify to the quality of these particular treats, judging from the smile on Mom's face, the distance we walked for them, and the fact that we made a return trip, they must be pretty good. I liked the place because they had some toys and books for little folks like me.
Other highlights included more great strolls, delicious food, and fantastic company. Thanks again to our wonderful hosts!




2 Comments:
becky,
i love the picture of you with the donuts...it is so sophisticated:)
You guys do an awesome job with this job, I enjoy reading it. We miss you often at small group. Glad you are having fun in Portland!
Love,
val
my camera, move!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home