Monday, May 07, 2007

Happy Nine-Month Birthday

One of the nice things about being as young as I am (besides my carefree lifestyle and general pampering) is that I get to celebrate birthdays monthly. There was a time when Mom and Dad celebrated every week I was alive. Yes, every Monday was a milestone in those days.

Today, however, was a big month event. I'm 9 months old today, and Mom took me to the Portland Children's Museum to celebrate. I had lots of fun learning (ie - playing).



Here are some pictures from the week leading up to my big day...

Some kind folks in Philadelphia gave Dad a pass to many of the big Portland attractions. Saturday we used it to visit the World Forestry Center (trees are a big deal out here). Here I am concentrating very hard at driving a big tree harvester with Dad.



And here I am smoke jumping with Mom. We hit the target which is more than I can say for Dad - he ended up hanging in a tree somewhere.



We also went to the Classical Chinese Garden in Chinatown. It was quite beautiful, although I was totally uninterested in visiting the tea house. I preferred sitting by the pond with Mom.



To get around Portland, we took Tri-Met, i.e. public transportation. Dad was great at entertaining me while we waited for the bus...



A few Saturdays ago we went to something called Saturday Market. It's a big Farmer's Market in downtown Portland. There were lots of kids there for me to play with and lots of yummy food to sample. I had a great time. We came home with some potted herbs. I love to pick some with Mom to use in her cooking. I especially like cilantro because it goes in my (still) favorite food, guacomole.

3 Comments:

At 5/08/2007 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 3 weeks left till our visit!! Can't wait to see you baby Abby!!

What's smoke jumping??

 
At 5/08/2007 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last comment was me. Sorry - hit the wrong button!

 
At 5/12/2007 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abby! You just get bigger and bigger... but cuter every day. I miss hanging out with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home