It's a Zoo Around Here!
Gosh, this moving-across-the-country deal sure is crazy, but it has its perks. Grandma came out to help Mom and Dad unpack (thanks for your help Grandma!). We're pretty much done now, but it was a little hairy for a few days there. I thought they might lose me among all the boxes!
The sun came out on Sunday so we visited the Oregon Zoo. To tell the truth, I dozed through most of it and woke up somewhere in Africa. They had lots of underwater exhibits, which I liked because the animals and fish were much closer. That made it easier to figure out what Mom and Dad were pointing at.
(Don't worry, this scary looking fish didn't try to eat me.)
That is a Sea Lion swimming by. I know, sorta confusing: it's a lion, but it's swimming...
Anyway, an enjoyable visit over all. Lots of exotic and regional wildlife. And then there's this little guy:
Our very own Zoo exhibit right behind our apartment! This Muskrat and his friend come by every day or so, nibble some grass, then take a dip in the pond. Other resident sightings include ducks, big slimy slugs, and some very vocal froggies.
...Like I said, it's a Zoo around here. Come on out and visit sometime, you'll see for yourself!




1 Comments:
Time to learn that oldy, but goodie ... "Muskrat Love!" Your little furry neighbor will be your friend for life!
Post a Comment
<< Home