Snow Days
So, this was Sunday...
...with 3 inches of snow and then a layer of ice on top. Then this was Monday...
...with 5 more inches of snow. There was so much snow, that D didn't have to go to work for two days! So how did we fill the extra long weekend?
We stayed cuddled up
and read lots of stories, mostly The Night Before Christmas and Bartholomew's Blessing.
We made lots of cookies and granola. Here I am burying some cookies with sprinkles and sugar.
We also made some pasta noodles and I got to do some...
cranking!
There was some sledding (this was on the weekend before last's measly 2 inches of snow),
M showed me how to make a snowman,
watched icicles grow,
did some more sledding, this time with Pooh bear,

knit a sweater with M,
and watched D do lots of this.
We took lots of walks around the neighborhood to see everyone's lights. I particularly enjoyed shouting "Christmas Lights!" and "Candy Canes!" whenever we saw well decorated houses. We also trudged through the icy backyard to check on our bird feeder and baby Douglas Fir.
We have had a lot of fun out in this snow.




2 Comments:
"Snow Days" was the best Christmas present ever...can't wait to see you in January!
Yay for fun snow! BOO that it will be gone when I get there! Can't wait to see you guys very soon! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home